23 August 2014

Rocky Road: BakeAbella Style!

When I was asked by a customer at the coffee shop as to whether I bake rocky road, or able to bake rocky road, it got me thinking about how I could take a basic and yet somewhat classic bake, and give it a BakeAbella twist.  Turns out it was actually a rather easy task and the super fast sell-out of these bars proved that they tasted just as good as any other.

I am a big fan of no-bake recipes and rocky road is no exception.  Zero baking, barely any preparation and you can change it up whenever you fancy using whatever left over ingredients you have lingering in your cupboard.  In fact, they're such a versatile no bake that I'm currently pondering on whether to have these available in the shop all year round and change what I put in them each month.  What do you think?

Anyway, onto the recipe!

This recipe has a little bit of a summery twist to it; we are still in August after all although some day's this week you wouldn't think it!  A dark cherry chocolate base crammed full of dried cranberries, crushed amaretti biscuits and the classic marshmallow.  Grown up rocky road has never tasted as good!







































Ingredients (makes 12)
200g Lindt cherry intense dark chocolate
100g 70% (at least) dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
150g unsalted butter
3 tbsp golden syrup
150g amaretti biscuits, crushed
125g dried cranberries
150g mini marshmallows

1. Line a square 8 inch tin with baking parchment so the edges over hang slightly, this will make the slab of rocky road easier to remove later on.

2. Break up the cherry, dark chocolate and milk chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl with the butter and syrup.  Sit the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and heat gently until melted.  Remove from the heat,

3. Pop the amaretti biscuits into a food bag, seal and break into pieces using a rolling pin.

4. Add 3/4 of the crushed amaretti, dried cranberries and marshmallows in the chocolate and mix well to coat.

5. Spoon into prepared tin, even out the mixture and sprinkle the remaining amaretti, cranberries and marshmallows over the top.

6. Leave to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours until firm.  Lift out of the tin using the baking parchment and divide into bars.

Nice n' easy huh!

If you have a go at making my rocky roads, do let me know and send me your photos.  You can do this via replying in the comment box below, messaging me on my BakeAbella Facebook page, tweeting me or by sending me a direct message on Instagram.

Happy baking!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment